January 19, 2011

Christmas Eve

We celebrated Christmas Eve this year with my family up in Bountiful.  Getting there was the hard part.  I headed to the store to pick up the goodies that I was set to take, when I recieved a call from my hubby.  So I dislocated my knee and I can barely put any preasure on it.  (Seriously!!!  On Christmas Eve you had to go and do something like that!?!?!?!)  The killer part was when we got to the Instacare.  The estimated time from check-in to seeing the doctor was 2 HOURS!!!   Again SERIOUSLY!!!  It seemed liek everyone and their dog chose that day to get hurt.

Anyway, we were seen by the doctor and they took x-rays to see if anything was broken.  Luckily there was nothing showing in the x-rays about it being broken just possibly torn ligaments.

So showing up two hours late for the party turned out to be great.  The turkey was a little late in cooking time and so we got there just as it came out of the oven.  We had a great time celebrating with my family and loved seeing all the kids faces when they opened all their gifts.

I have to say my favorite reaction of the night was Aubrey with her BIG gift from Grandma and Grandpa.  She received a Tinkerbell themed scooter.  When she opened it, said with gasps in between almost every word, " It's my... It's my... It's my NO FALL SCOOTER!!!!"  She has loved watching all the kids around the neighborhood ride their scooters but doesn't have the balance yet to use the two wheeled scooters and this scooter has three wheels.  I tell you it was a HIT!!!

Rebecca received her first dolly.  And loved it, if you can't tell by the expression on her face.
A Tinkerbell Blaze Vet Kit.
Little people school bus
My wonderful gift was a new pot and pan set, and not just any, a Rachael Ray Set.  I LOVE IT!!!  It is so amazing!  Thanks Mom and Dad!
And look and that beautiful face

And then this awesome puzzle was given to Don. It is a maze game enclosed in a ball, and the goal is to get through all 100 steps and reach the end... getting harder as you go of course.  It is a blast, and so frustrating!!!

1 comment:

Aundrea and Spencer said...

How cute. Your girls are adorable. Loved when she opened her doll.