July 14, 2009

Amazed...

That is only a few short weeks I am going to be a mother of two! I am still trying not to freak myself out over the little things, and not even the big things... ok anything. And there are things that I am overlooking that are reminded to me at the smallest opportunities. Like when I dropped my angel off at grandma's today, and the first thing out of her mouth was:
Mom: "How are you feeling?"
Me: "I am doing good thanks."
Mom: "Because you look miserable." Thanks mom! :) I know she was being a sweetheart, and yes I am tired, but what prego woman likes to hear that? :D

Really I thought that I was holding up well. I do have to agree that this pregnancy has been worse than the first though. I have those wonderful Braxton Hicks that have shown up and are taking a vengeance from the first pregnancy. She is starting to drop, even more these days and that is taking a toll on how much I can stand, sit, walk or do anything for any length of time. It wouldn't be a pregnancy without that right? I am trying to work through it all and get things even more ready for her arrival. I still have that cooking day to make meals so that all I have to do is stick it in the oven and call it good, along with a cleaning day before I go to the hospital, which at this moment could be any day. I think at this point there are only a few items that are more wanted than needed, aka: girly things. Even though I had a darling daughter for my first I never really got into the girly things. I am on the lookout for headbands, bracelets, you know... the cutsy stuff. So if any of you see of find things, send me them my way to check out. Tips are always great!

There are things that are not going to be missed when she gets here, such as: bumping the belly into almost everything, (yes it has been growing with me for the last 9 months, and you would think that I would be used to it, but it seems to be popping out more than ever at the moment). The non stop bathroom runs, they are now getting a little more ridiculously closer together.

I can't believe how much your mind goes wild with you in your future pregnancies. There are so many things that don't need to be feared, but are feared for it is the unknown, or the now know with consequences. I look back at when we had our first little one and her rough start in life. It really wasn't anything to worry about, but it was enough to worry about that this time around I am hoping for a healthy baby straight out of the womb. Nothing wrong, ten fingers, ten toes, breathing normally, mom doing great, baby awake and alert (for a newborn yes). I mean the list could go on and on. So step back, take a deep breath, and don't worry unless you have to.

So now I give a shout out to my hubby for all his help. With being in the last month of my pregnancy he has been more understanding and helpful than I could have asked for. He is also putting up with major emotional shifts. I love you honey! Thanks for all you do for our family! Thank you for understanding without blame or hardship. Thanks for being there when I need you the most without even knowing it. And thank you for being a wonderful father to your children and a wonderful husband to your wife. I love you tons. Thanks again for all you do.

3 comments:

Cleverly Triple said...

for cute and reasonably priced bows, headbands and bracelets check out kid to kid in bountiful...they have a HUGE selection...i spend WAY too much time there.LOL. they even have those cute tiny newborn bows...you know what i'm talking about??? the ones you get in the hospital you stick to the baby's head with jelly or honey? well...they have a huge assortment of those as well...which is nice when they're a newborn...when they're that tiny i prefer using the stick-on tiny bows to the headbands...the headbands make me nervous when they're tiny...i feel like they squish their little head.

Cleverly Triple said...

p.s. i know you're probably thinking because it's kid to kid the bows are used...how gross! but they're not they're brand spak'in new. :),

Jill D. said...

I can't believe it's getting so close. We should get together and make bows. Katie could use some more and it would be really fun!