July 10, 2009

Late 4th of July...

Since our last update we have been pretty busy with family and friend outings. We had a great 4th of July. We went to the Centerville parade where our little girl had a blast watching all the dance groups, bands and police cars. We had a BBQ at my parents house, played around with my mom's new Cricket, while making Aubrey a name sign for her room, and then spent the evening with friends having a BBQ and setting off fireworks... only to be caught by the cops! Lets just say I have never done the not so legal ones before, and now never again. They weren't all that much better than the other ones, I think it was more fun watching the boys be stupid doing them.
Aubrey and dad with a sparkler:

My loverly little girl... isn't she just a cutie!


We also spent the last Sunday of June in Honeyville at the Orem family reunion. It is a great time to just spend the day with family. We have a lunch, play bingo, have a raffle and then if we feel like it we have a water fight. The water fight has kind of died off these past few years, but I think with more little ones coming we will start it back up soon.
Here is muffet and I at the reunion:


And last but not least my latest crafts. I got a wonderful idea from my friend Michelle at cross stitching Christmas stockings for our family. I have been working on trying to get them done before the newest one gets here, because I have this interesting thought that i probably won't be taking the time to cross stitch all that much after she is here. :)
Here is the finished product for Dad's stocking:


And last but not least Rebecca's snuggle blanket. I have always wanted to make a rag quilt for my kids, and having received one from my sister in law, I decided it was time to make one. So I took this fabric:

And made this beautiful rag quilt:

3 comments:

Kelly Family said...

Glad you had a great 4th of july :) I love the stocking, you are so motivated :) How did you make the rag quilt?? I love it, its darling!

Emily said...

You've gotta love the 4th of July! It sounds like you guys had a great time, minus the cop encounter. :)

I love your rag quilt - man are you talented! I need to do more things like that! Hope you're feeling well!

Cleverly Triple said...

aubrey is darling.