March 17, 2010

The Girls New Room!

When we moved into this house over a year ago, I told Don that I could live with the wallpaper... only for so long.  I mean after all it is a kids room, only it looks like a boys room.  I have two little girls I want to make it a room for them, not what someone else wanted for their kid.  So after some thoughtful thinking and digging around I finally decided that it was time to take action.  I was able to get the wall paper down in less than one 2 hour nap.  It was great!  So then I had this room with three baby blue walls, and one white wall with stains like no other, and no amount of soap and water was going to get those off.  So here are the before pictures... ok picture.  

For the lack of a better excuse, I was lazy and didn't take more pictures of the before, but just imagine the blue color on three walls, and the one with the wall paper was white underneath. 

And now this is what the room looks like...

 I need to get Rebecca's name done and put on the wall above her crib.

I ask you to imagine some kind of fabric covering for the closet.  I don't know if it is going to be green, purple, or something sheer like over it.  I just haven't had the chance to make it to the store yet.

I am pretty pleased with how the room turned out.  When we had the painting done on the walls and nothing was in the room, I was so second guessing my choice in paint for her room.  But then everything just came together when it was all in there. 

8 comments:

Saunders Family said...

I LOVE it! So cute!

Cleverly Triple said...

it turned out adorable!!!

Emily said...

I love it! It has so much personality - you guys did a great job!

Lauren said...

It's AWESOME! Now can I hire you to come do my daughters' room? ;) It seriously looks so dang cute. Way to go!

Danielle said...

that looks so great! so glad you guys had a great time at Disney on Ice! miss you.

Jill D. said...

Oh my goodness! You did such a good job! It looks great! The room is all so adorable. Good choice on the colors and I love the two toned that you did. Good job!

Kelly Family said...

LOVE it! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Love your cute room!!
You asked about the location of my boutique, but you didn't leave an e-mail for me to reply to.
You can e-mail me at karasblogs(at)gmail(dot)com. It would be fun to meet you!
Kara