July 05, 2010

4th of July weekend!

This weekend was a great one to say the least!  Lots of fum, family and food!  
We started off on Saturday, (which wasn't so great all day because... I had to work :( ... but that evening my parents came down and my dad watched the kids while my mom took Don and I to... Stadium of Fire!!!  I was SOOOOOO excited to go and see Carrie Underwood.  She is such an amazing singer I couldn't say no when she offered to buy the tickets.  Came home with some amazing memories to add to the stack of memories from previous years of Stadium of Fire.  
Note to self:  Self Portraits usually don't turn out that well... have someone else take them.  :)
Mom, me and Don
Our surprise quest host Lou Diamond Philips.  I didn't know he was going to be the host... but it was really exciting cause Don and I watch him on the new show, Stargate Universe.  
Our second surprise was that Carrie Underwood sang the Nation Anthem... and OH BOY was it GREAT!!!  We not only heard her then, but the for 45 minutes before the fireworks started. 

We then really didn't do much on Sunday, but it was really one of the first Sunday's that we... as a family... got to relax.  Then Monday came and Don was able to take that day off since the 4th was on a Sunday... so we headed to the Provo Freedom Festival on the lawn of the Provo Tabernacle.  It was a blast.  I was able to get so last minute shopping done for Rebecca's 1 year pictures tomorrow... YAY!  We took a short break after the festival for naptime, and then headed out to get Aubrey's first fish!  She has so loved having a fish.  She is so proud to show any person what she got.  


We then ended the night with Grumpy and Grams and Robyn and Tyson heading to our place to watch fireworks.  We ended up creating our own little neighborhood show, and it turned out great.  I believe a great time was had by all.  I also do believe the glo sticks were a hit!  I hope your 4th was a great one as well.  

2 comments:

Jill D. said...

Looks like you had a blast! Love the picts of the girls you posted on facebook. Their little 4th of July outfits are adorable!

Danielle said...

I am glad you had fun...I bet Carrie was great..I love her! we are coming down this weekend..hopefully we get to see you guys...I need to squeeze your little ladies...hehe..