May 26, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend!!!

So by now everyone has posted how the weekend went with our BBQ. It was fun to get together with people that you know and love and catch up with the events going on in our lives. The last time we got together all of us was... who knows when... (over a year ago when we had a BBQ at Matt and Jill's house before they moved). That was only one day. This week has been filled with fun throughout. On Wednesday my parents went to California and had asked us to watch the dogs while they were gone. So Saturday we planned for the BBQ and had great fun with friends. I hope that we will be able to make time for our friends more often... even if it isn't all together. At least get together more often than we have.

Every month we go down for Sunday dinner on the forth Sunday of every month. That was this weekend. While watching the dogs, we were asked to visit the graves this weekend and put flowers for the grandparents graves. We visited four cemeteries and then headed to Orem. When we got to Paula's house Grandmother was there and it was wonderful to be able to tell her that visited her husbands grave. I find in interesting that for memorial weekend his family was unable to visit their grandfathers grave when they are close enough to do so. I loved seeing grandmothers face when we told her that we had visited his grave. We don't get down to see her very often but when we see her on the fourth Sunday each month I love to see her. And yesterday it was wonderful to give her some news that lit her face with joy. She loves seeing her grandkids and we really need to get down to see her more often. Ok So back to the whole Memorial weekend thing... Saturday my grandma called and told me that I didn't need to worry about her for Sunday dinner because we were invited to Paula's... well at that point I had told her that we were going to go do graves on Sunday and that we would get a flower to put on the graves she would like us to... but she told me that because my mom wasn't in town that we didn't need to worry about it. I feel kind of bad for her relatives that she usually visits. I feel as though we were willing to do the graves for her and she still didn't want to. Anyway... I had so much fun doing it this weekend.

Yesterday when Don and I were walking home from church, when we approached my parents house Don and I looked at each other and said we can't wait. We loved the feeling of coming home to a house. Don and I are waiting for the right time to buy... it hasn't come for us yet, but that means that when it does it will be even more sweet. I look forward to that day, but I love living the life that we have. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: