March 01, 2009

My new china!!!

Ok so I have known since before my wedding that I have a set of china. Good china. I never saw it, but I knew I I had it. Well with circumstances recently in our family, my parents brought them down to me. So I took this evening to go through them and see what I had. Oh my heavens... there was so much, and it is so beautiful. This china was bought by my Grandpa Smith who died three years before I was born. He bought it in Japan, I believe, while he was in the Navy serving. So anyway... as I opened up the boxes... this is what I found...

There is a full service for 10 people, 12 on some of the plates.


This is a close up of the plates... isn't the design amazing!?!?!


Here is a close up of the one side of the tea cups.


Needless to say I am way excited to use these for a fancy evening.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautiful! you lucky girl.. thanks for coming on Saturday! i loved having you guys here... you and don are so cute and fun....You will have to come over this week and we can race wiggle cars! hehe..

Jill D. said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! I love them, Matt does too. That is so fun! I've always wanted a china set. That's nice you have such a variety of pieces too.

j said...

that is so cool you have that china. and it has a HISTORY! that is the part i love the most. :)