February 27, 2009

Brain Fart Day!

I have declared today, Mommy Brain Fart Day... I say this not as a bad thing, but as a how in the world could that have slipped through my fingers.

So my brain fart for the day: This morning having Don have a job and i work on Friday's we both got up and got ready. We woke are darling daughter and got her ready. We all went outside at the same time. I put all of our stuff in the car, and then put Aubrey in her car seat and shut the door. I got in the car and drove away. So a few minutes into the drive Aubrey started to say "On"... and she kept saying it over and over... not constant but to get my attention. Now usually when she says on, she has taken her shoes off and wants them back on... this unfortunately was not the case... so I just kept driving. About 15 minutes into our hour drive, she finally got my attention enough that I re-adjusted my rear view mirror. I then noticed that Aubrey was not buckled in!!!

I had such a brain fart that I put her in her seat, but I didn't buckle her! That was the scariest moment that I have had. How smart and wonderful is my little girl! She knew she was supposed to be buckled in, and that mommy hadn't done it. I am just very lucky that she didn't take the opportunity and get out of her seat. The whole time she was trying to tell me, she was also trying to do her buckle. Thank heavens for doing the right thing all the time, so that she knows the difference. I know that this is a mistake that I won't ever let happen again. Hope your brain farts, are on a smaller scale and not so dangerous. :)

No comments: