April 21, 2009

Pregnancy tricks...

So there are many things this time around that have often baffled me. I mean we found out we were expecting quite early with this baby, and so it makes it seem as though things are going so slowly. And thinking of how many weeks there are left, it just doesn't seem to "fit." I by no means want to have an early baby, but August just seems so far away. There are many things that we are planning this summer and I have my mind set that we are going to "need" a few things for traveling with an infant. Problem with that set in my mind is that most of the plans we have are before the baby is born. There are still plans for after the baby is born, but for those all I need is a stroller, and I already have one of those... so really I am set. Just another thing to sit and ponder.

I also have the need to get everything ready for this baby... NOW! I can't believe how strong my need is every morning I wake up. I just want to get this done for the baby... and that leads only to ten more things that I just have to get done. Of course they don't all get done, but the need to is seriously annoying.

Today I had my full on ultrasound to see how the baby was doing and where the doctors checked for all the things that can show up. Well everything came back normal. We have a healthy baby girl on our way. She has no cleft lip, no club foot, spine is great, and bones are all there. What more can a mommy want! It was really fun to have Aubrey there in the room and she kept looking at the monitor and saying her new found words, "what's that?" and each time we would say Sister. She would of course reply back to us sister, and one time she said, "No, Becca" So we know she is excited. With that said, here are photos of our little girl!





I know the one thing that is on my mind before she gets here is her coming home outfit. I know I have tons of clothes to choose from that she would look wonderful in, but they are all "hand me downs" and what girl doesn't like a new outfit? :)

2 comments:

Sarah Hatch said...

All I can say is trust your instincts. I didn't and we didn't have a thing ready when Charlie came early. Hope you don't have her too early though!!!
p.s. I love your background!

j said...

so great! i know that feeling, too- i'm having major nesting urges and it feels way too early still. i wonder if it's second child syndrome? my problem is i can't remember what in the world i need for a baby! it's been 5 years!!