April 14, 2009

Too Soon?

So I woke up this morning in sort of a panic. I started thinking about all that I have(want) to get done before the baby comes. Having one little one already that is 2, I didn't think that I would feel this way. But your mind plays wonderful tricks on you. No matter how I try, my list is growing not by one thing, but by many things a day. It seems as though the list will never end. Having 4 months left there is plenty of time to do all the things on my list, as long as at some point it stops growing.

So far in this pregnancy there are so many differences that have allowed me to experience different things. The best thing so far is that having felt the baby move so early in this pregnancy, and moving everyday so far. We still have 4 months to go and my hubby has been able to feel the baby move, maybe not to the greatest extent, but move none the less. While with our first he felt I believe twice. So with the time frame changing and allowing him in on that special thing has made it extra special.

In other news, now that things have settled down. We are staying put. Good and bad at the same time. There are things that I am still not understanding as well as I would like to, but you can't always have your cake and eat it too, right?

This past weekend we celebrated Easter with my family up in Bountiful. It was nice to have the whole family together. Seeing as though our 2 year old went all day without a nap... until the car ride home, we had some meltdowns. :) Thanks mom for cooking. It was yet another great meal.

This past Saturday we also had the chance to do a session at the temple. We started going twice a month about a year ago, and worldly things ended up keeping us from this. So the last time we had gone was back in June of 08. I could have sworn that we had been back since, but looking back it really has been almost a year. I feel way blessed that I have a place to go and feel even closer to our Heavenly Father. I realized after our session on Saturday, that being able to go more often would help with how I came out satisfied but confused. The confusion I ended with has become more clear. It makes me sad that there are worldly things that seem to take over the importance of why we are here in the first place. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and being able to attend. It may be a few months into the year, but I can always set a new resolution right? So there we have it, twice a month to the temple at least. That number can always grow.

1 comment:

Jill D. said...

It's amazing how the temple can help put things in perspective, yet everything seems to work against us to get there. That's so great things are working out for you. We should get a babysitter and go do a session sometime together while the guys are working. It would be fun!