April 27, 2009

Oh So Many Crafts!

So this past week I am gotten into a crafty mode. There is a blog that I have been following for only a few weeks now, thanks to a fellow blogger, (thanks Lauren), where she takes many ideas and implements them to the best of her ability. They always turn out amazingly well. I love seeing what she is going to come up with next. The blog is Make It and Love It! Check it out to see so many more of her wonderful ideas.

Okay... so onto the crafts that I have taken and made my own. They turned out beautifully, I do have to say so myself. :) Here is the fabric that I started with to make a car seat cover.

And ended up with this: This shows how it attaches to the car seat. Basically it is a blanket with straps that allows it to stay in place on the car seat. I was always loosing blankets while carrying her seat. Problem solved.

This shows when it is flipped over the handle.


Then I found this fabric:

And made this:
A reversible nursing cover! I absolutly love this. It turned out amazing! It was really fast to whip up.
\

Now on to the next project... finishing the quilt. Yikes this is going to take awhile.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Those look awesome! I may just have to start making those for my baby too! I had no idea it was possible to simply make a car seat cover and a nursing cover - yours look amazing!

Jill D. said...

Good job! I love sewing projects.

Trulee said...

Freaking awesome! I love the blanket for the carseat!

Alisha said...

How do you make the car seat covers? I would love to make some, but I'm a dumb when it comes to sewing so tell me how.